We had the most incredible team assembled in my opinion! It was truly a satisfying moment for us in so many ways!!
It was such a joy to have some of our family being a part of making history! Our son Jedidiah was crucial not just in Olancho, but over the national coordinating of 1Nation1Day and the Nueva Honduras(the New Honduras). Jedidiah and Amber and Jana and I were the crusade sponsors responsible for the costs of doing the crusade in Juticalpa, Honduras. Amber and our daughter in law Karelia were the coordinators overseeing the team of nearly 100 people that came. Our son Damien(Karelias husband) was an incredible blessing along with our daughter Jobyna who came with our grandson Antonio who is 13. Ambers dad Mark Carpenter also came along and it really touched the people of Honduras to see a family loving their nation and honoring the Honduran people.
We also had youth pastors from Dallas and Miami, a bi lingual team from Alpha and Omega in Miami, Jeds pastor and others from Champion Life Church in Rancho Mirage, California, a team from Northwest Florida who were part of our Supernatural School of Ministry years back, a team from Redding, California, (part of Bethel Church), a team from the Pacific NW and that was made up of people we have known for over 35 years! We also had the great joy and privilege of having Pastors Harry Rios and Jairo Miranda Torres come from Dario, Nicaragua and many of you have followed DOAN ministry in Nicaragua since 2007 and these men are world changers!! Tommy from Miami and Sky from Australia were awesome photographers! You can look at Team Olancho on Facebook for some of the team reports! Every age group was represented and our team was His love poured out everywhere and relationships for life were established!!
Every morning we had incredible devos as we call them.
Great and timely messages from the pastors and leaders, not only touching lives but positioning everyone for a day of wonders! . After a full day of embracing the people of Olancho, we had time each night for testimonies and there was such a manifest presence of God along with a visitation of God that took place as we shared. I had the chance to bring the message of the gospel of the kingdom the first day we were there and many caught it and that ushered us into a realm of the miraculous each day. Tuesday night I had the privilege of sharing again and that led to a move of God right there in the cafeteria and the cooks and servers were saved and healed as the team ministered as I spoke. The testimonies from the schools of principals, teachers and kids being saved was beautiful We also had such great accommodations in Catacamas and the meals were off the charts and that made me happy as Jed and I did all we could to see our team be honored and have the most rewarding experience in our state of Olancho.
The State of Olanco, with its 500,000 plus people is the largest of the 18 states of Honduras.
It was also considered the most dangerous and historically difficult for gospel impact. Juticalpa is the home of President Lobo and where the stadium was for the crusade. When you ask Hondurans around the nation where they have been, you can list all the other places but when you mention Olancho, they have never been there and say, “why would we ever want to visit Olancho”. It is a place where people are leaving all the time, of little investment, steeped in hopelessness and division, scene of much violence, drugs and sex trafficking. It should be noted that Catacamas(45 minutes away from Juticalpa), is the birthplace of Manuel Zelaya who was the president before President Lobo. He was removed in a coup several years ago(Pastor Harry and I were returning to Nicaragua from El Salvador on bus through Honduras the day it took place)and since that day, a peaceful nation has been torn in half. So there has been much animosity between the two cities that has affected the religious climate as you can imagine. There has never been a major outreach of the gospel in Olancho in history. That is why Jedidiah chose Olancho as the state we would go to!
Realize that when I share some of the highlights of our time in Olancho, that there were 17 other states being visited! The 4 minute video of this trip that is here gives you the amazing and history making report!
To have a President of a nation make July 20 a national holiday, have a law passed to open every school to our nearly 2,000 missionaries to preach the gospel and create dream walls to inspire thousands of students, get behind every 1Nation1Day initiative, bring together the leaders of the mind molders of society(education, media, business, government etc) to hear the vision of the New Honduras and 1Nation1Day is unprecedented in history!! It is my personal opinion that what took place July 2013, shifted the political landscape that allowed the new president to be elected!! All the national newspapers had front page stories of what took place!!
Here is a summary of some of the things that took place!!
1. Our teams visited schools every day all over Olancho. On one day, 1,500 kids got saved and that was just 2 schools. In many schools there was a visitation of God and in each school a dream wall where students wrote down their dreams to see them every day was put up. It is interesting that the majority of the kids wrote down dreams for their Nation, not themselves, that is a significant statement for sure. You need to know that EVERY FAMILY in Olancho had someone in that family murdered. Sexual abuse was rampant even in the schools through teachers also. This is what we were dealing with. Sometimes teams had to stay on buses because the teachers would not let them in, did not want to change their schools obviously, but God won each battle.
2. In Olancho, the week we were there, there was not 1 murder in the state for the first time in history. The Godfather in Crime over Olancho marched in the parade in preparation of the event and attended the crusade. His granddaughter got saved in one of the schools!
3. At the National Prison at Juticalpa, Pastor Harry and I ministered and nearly every man there, including the inmate that was the leader of all the men gotsaved and there were many miracles of healing, loosened joints, hernias dissolving and all kinds of illnesses healed! The Spirit of God descended on many who were broken before the Lord but much hope was released in many lives also
4. Business Meeting – For the first time ever, over 200 businessmen and leaders, including the Governor of Olancho assembled to hear our speakers, prominently successful businessmen speak to them. One of our guys was the second employee of TBN and also made a fortune in one day selling satellites. Jeds father in law Mark Carpenter also did a phenomenal job for sure.
5. Womens Mtg – This was a major happening. It was the largest gathering of women in the history of the state and Jana was the primary speaker. It was televised nationally and held in the largest church in Catacamas, where Jed and I spoke before. Place was packed out and many of our women on the team came along and there were tons of miracles and a visitation of God that stunned the women there. Our daughter Jobyna and daughter in law also spoke and to have that happen was so thrilling! Some of the male pastors were there also and just overwhelmed at what God did.
6. National Army – This was a total surprise. One of our teams approached a Colonel on the Army and asked to speak to the 1,800 members of the National Army in Olancho, a 2 and a half hour ride from hotel It had never happened before! He said yes and told the Army to do whatever our team told them to do. Every man raised his hand to accept Jesus and then the team of 25 made a path for all the men to go through and receive prayer and God just deeply touched many, healed them and encounters with God took place as they were prayed for!!
7. TV and Radio – Jedidiah had many opportunities to be interviewed by the media and Karelia was his interpreter and how wonderful was that. Harry and I also went on a few TV stations and it was amazing to see the presence of God come and fill the studio, also resulting in healings as Jana, Harry and I prayed for the people.
8. Churches – Our teams and speakers went to 10 churches on Wednesday night. You read about our visit to one but the reports from each of them were amazing for sure as our pastors from Nicaragua and the USA ministered along with the teams!
9. Villages – As you know we had a container filled with aid that was being distributed throughout the week including 7,500 pairs of new shoes. Our team went to villages and washed the feet of kids and put new shoes on their feet. The pastors particularly were very moved by this.
10. Political Summit in Capital – As I mentioned, Jeds Pastor, Eddie Windsor and Mark Carpenter(businessman, pastor and father in law) were part of the team. They went to the capital to attend the meeting of all the heads of the government, candidates in this election year, judiciary, military etc. Myles Munroe spoke on the difference between a leader and a politician and powerfully exhorted them on how to transition the government before the election and also the principles of leading a nation under God. Now this is amazing! Afterwards 20 of the top leaders met with President Lobo and Mark Carpenter spent quality time alone with him. This was our team!!! President Lobo personally thanked us for coming to his state and that was relayed at the next session we had
11. Crusade and New Honduras!
You need to understand the magnitude of this miracle! If you know what was happening behind the scenes right up to the event, it would really make this even more spectacular. The largest gathering in the state of Olancho up to that day for any kind of event was 5,000 people. As one pastor sai when he looked around the soccer stadium that the event was held in, “I can never say it is impossible for God to do anything again”.
No message needed to be spoken or anything done bigger than just the people of Olancho walking into a soccer stadium and seeing the crowds. It is true that there were 45,000 people already in at the stadium at 6:15 in the evening and fire marshall stopped the others from coming in. The moment was not lost on the son of President Lobo who is over Olancho, the governor, mayors and spiritual leaders. Even though buses had to get people out and rains came, all over people were just stunned that the stadium was even done much less filled. Not in Olancho!
The Nueva Honduras was preached by Jed and also salvation. I ministered on healing and released our team. Deaf mutes heard and spoke, paralyzed limbs set free, one guy had 5 hernias dissolve. Many were being saved and healed right at the end through our amazing team members and I am hearing reports every day. It was epic! And part of a telecast around the nation and the world.
People ask about the aftermath. When the President of the Nation says live in San Pedro and in the newspapers the days before and after, “Only God can save our nation”, that is significant in itself. Political leaders have step by step instructions on how to govern under God. Business leaders in many states have the tools to begin a new phase of growth. Every school has a manual for the New Honduras. There were thousands of discipleship books given to new believers and churches. In every sphere of society the gospel was preached, mayors, governors, business leaders, military, police leaders were converted.
In our state, we distributed 1,000 childrens books that Jobyna brought from Redding and gave them to the strategic pastors we personally have great relationships with and also ministered in their churches. We gave away other books in Spanish that I used for our supernatural school of ministry in Nicaragua.
I have maintained for years, that when the church becomes the church, no evil can stand before her. Not praying but at some point becoming the answer to every prayer and that is why moves of the Spirit do not perpetuate and become reformations leading to transformation. I am very clear that great outpourings have not been stewarded by the leaders of His body, the main reason they dwindle and die or get weird. The aftermath is really in the hands of the Honduran spiritual leaders who have been handed something on a platter no other spiritual leadership of any nation has been given. And plans to be there again in March 2014 and continue to work with the leaders in the nation are already in plac
Jana and I want to thank all of you once again for making this possible as you co labored with God. It was worth every dime and prayer and we are honored that you had the spiritual discernment to step into a moment bigger than ones own personal agenda and ministry. You will be enriched. As I have said and stand daily upon….this is the game changer year, we are better than birds and more glorious than lilies, these are the best of times, God will fulfill Jeremiah 33:3 and give us a personal revelation of His greatness and we will access those things that have been inaccessible up to now.
Also, get ready for 2015 when the next 1Nation1Day will take place in a nation to be announced in early 2014!!! You are invited!!! We love you!!
benediciones, earl and jana